How Do You Drink Mezcal At Home?
There are beverages you can craft with Mezcal within your own home by mixing ingredients together to make cocktails and margaritas or by sipping them neatly by themselves.
If you’re sipping it by itself, then it’s best to have a chaser like water or another non-alcoholic drink to make it more palatable.
As you make it at home, there are only a few tools to have on hand to set you up for success. These tools are a mixer, shaker, and tumbler. A shaker is a must to have to enhance the drinking experience.
Otherwise, you can mix a few ingredients at home without shaking anything or drink it straight with no ice.
When you use these easy methods to make Mezcal, you need to know you’re off to a good start.
We’ve crafted five delicious Mezcal cocktail drinks you can make at home for the celebration day. These are unique and offer a delightful way to start the day off right.
Five Delicious Mezcal Cocktail Recipes To Test Out At Home
These delicious cocktails are what you can make in your home and test out one by one.
1. Mezcal Margarita
The Mezcal margarita is a delectable drink with citrus and sweet flavors that gives off a tasty tang.
- 1 ½ oz of Mezcal
- 1 oz of orange liqueur of choice
- ¾ oz of freshly squeezed lime
- A few ice cubes
- Optional: use any sweetener of choice to give the sweet taste.
- Optional: top it off with a lime or orange wedge and place salt on the top of the cup.
- Rim cup with salt: If you want to have salt on the top of your cup, place a liquid of lime juice around the rim then place it into a bowl of salt.
- Use a shaker: If you have a shaker on hand, place the Mezcal, orange liquor, and lime juice inside. Shake them all together and taste. You have the option to place a ½ to 1 teaspoon of sweetener to make it sweet.
- Fill cup with ice: Now you’ve gotten it all mixed, place the drink over ice in a cup and garnish with a lime or orange wedge. Begin sipping for pleasure!
2. Mezcal Mule
Mezcal Mule is a milder smoky flavor that’s not quite as strong as drinking Mezcal straight. For those wanting a smooth taste, the Mezcal Mule is the way to go.
- 2 oz Mezcal
- ¾ oz fresh squeezed lime
- 5 oz of tasty ginger beer
- Optional: Lime wedge or candied ginger to garnish.
- Use a shaker or spoon: If you have a shaker on hand, mix the Mezcal, lime, and ginger beer inside. For those who don’t, mix with a spoon.
- Fill a cup with ice: Fill a cup with ice and place the mixture over the ice in a cup. Garnish and enjoy!
3.Peach Mezcal Cocktail
Peach Mezcal cocktail is a perfect drink for those wanting something sweet, but not overly powering with sugar. It’s moderately sweet with a delightful blend of flavors.
- 2 oz Mezcal
- ½ fruit peach (pitted and removed)
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 3 splashes of Angostura bitters
- Optional: Peach slice for garnish
- Use a tumbler: Press the peach in a tumbler and extract the juices.
- Use a shaker: Pour the juice into a shaker with a strainer and ensure all the juice is out of the peach. Add ice and remaining ingredients into the shaker to mix everything.
- Fill a cup: After shaking, make sure the mixture is chilled before pouring it into a glass or cup. Garnish with a slice of peach and enjoy!
4-Honey & Smoke Mezcal Cocktail
The beverage is a combination of honey sweetness and smokey flavor to give it a tasty boost.
- 2 oz Mezcal
- 1 oz honey syrup
- 2 oz ginger beer
- ½ oz fresh squeezed lime
- Chili seasoning
- Margarita salt
- Optional: Lime slice for garnish
- For honey syrup: Mix ¼ cup honey with ¼ cup water and boil together then mix.
- Rim cup with seasonings: Combine chili powder and margarita salt in a bowl. Put lime juice on top of a glass or cup then place in the mixture to put seasonings on top.
- Use a shaker or spoon: Mix Mezcal, lime juice, and honey syrup with a shaker or with a spoon.
- Fill a cup with ice: Put the mixture in a cup filled with ice then top it with ginger beer. Garnish with a lime slice and take a sip!
If you enjoy sour alcoholic beverages, then you’ll love this Mezcal Sour. It combines tangy and sour into one drink for a delectable experience.
- 1 ½ oz Mezcal of choice
- 1 ½ fresh squeezed lime
- 1 oz Amaro Montenegro or Nonino
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 large egg white
- Optional: Lime wedge or angostura bitters for garnish
- Use a shaker: To make the drink, it’s essential to have a shaker to combine lime, Mezcal, amaro or nonino, agave nectar, and an egg white. It makes it frothy to enhance the drinking experience. After 1 minute, it should be frothy before filling the shaker with ice. Use the shaker again until it becomes frosty within 30 seconds.
- Fill a cup: When combined well, place the mixture into a cup with a strainer. Garnish the top with your choice of garnishment. You can also garnish with both lime and bitters for added taste.
The most popular top-shelf Mezcal products include.
These are the essential beverages to have on your Mezcal celebration day or for any drinking occasion.