What does it mean when tequila is Reposado?
Reposado literally means ‘rested’ in Spanish and it is a fitting name for this type of tequila. Reposado Tequila has been rested anywhere from two months to up to a year before it is bottled. This tequila takes on the slightly golden color from the barrels in which they are aged. Normally, a distillery uses oak or white oak barrels, and each variation will have a slightly different effect on the flavor of the Tequila.
Is Reposado Tequila better than silver?
There are three major classifications of tequila: Silver (Blanco), Reposado, and Anejo. Silver tequila has not been aged at all, while Reposado has been aged from two months up to a year. The type of tequila you choose will depend on your taste preferences. For example. Reposado tequila will have a more heavy oak flavor, while Silver will taste more light and fresh. If you are sipping the tequila solo, we recommend choosing a Reposado or Anejo, as these have both been aged and will have a more complex flavor profile.
What are some delicious Reposado Tequila Cocktails?
Looking for some cocktails to make with Reposado Tequila? Try these:
- 2 oz. Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 tsp. Simple Syrup
- 3 oz. Ginger ale
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all liquid except ginger ale to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Fill a glass with ice and strain the liquid into the glass.
- Slice a lime and add it as a garnish. Enjoy!
- 1.5 oz Reposado Tequila
- 0.5 oz orange liqueur
- 1.5 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 0.5 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 0.5 oz agave syrup
- 2 oz soda water
- coarse salt
- Line the rim of your glass with salt by moistening the edge and pressing it onto a plate of course salt.
- In a shaker, add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave syrup, tequila, and liqueur. Shake until well combined.
- Add ice into a tall glass and strain the liquid into the glass. Top with soda water and garnish with a slice of fresh grapefruit.