Is there anything more fun than taking jello shots? These Jameson Jello Shots are so delicious and easy to make, there's no reason NOT to make them for your St. Patrick's Day party. We guarantee you and your party guests will enjoy their delicious flavors and festive green color.
Irish Jello Shots
These Irish Jello shots are made with a few simple ingredients. All you need is fresh lime juice, gelatin, mint water, and Irish Whiskey. In no time you'll be having a blast with these St. Patrick's Day jello shots!
You can substitute the green food coloring for any color you'd like. We just love the festive St. Patrick's Day vibe that the green color gives off!
Jameson Jello Shots Recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
- fresh additional mint leaves for garnish
- Begin by placing mint leaves in a small dish. Add 1 tsp of sugar and muddle together with the leaves. This will release the mint juice in the leaves. Repeat until the mixture smells minty.
- Add lime juice and water in a medium sauce pan. Add the gelatin powder and whisk to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes
- Add the muddled mint leaves plus 1/2 cup of sugar to the sauce pan. Whisk together. Over medium-high heat, cook the mixture for 5 minutes. Whisk gently until the liquid is hot and the gelatin is all dissolved. Then, remove it from the heat and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and remove the mint leaves. Add the liquid back into the pan and add your whiskey and green dye.
- Lightly spray silicone molds with cooking spray and wipe any excess with a paper towel. Carefully add the liquid into the molds.
- Put the molds into the fridge for at least 3 hours or until fully set.
- Remove from the molds and garnish with mint leaves or edible gold for an extra festive treat! Enjoy!
Try making these whiskey jello shots and see how much your guests will love them! Be careful not to overindulge, as these tasty treats are easy to eat one-too many. Worried about how many calories are in these shots made with Jameson? Keep this in mind: 10 grams of Jameson Whiskey contains about 70 calories.
Interested in learning more about liquor? Check out our other blog posts: