Paleo Rosso has been called Italy’s landmark expression of Cabernet Franc. This grape variety is growing internationally as a distinct bottling, but Bolgheri has proven to be the single best place in the world to do so. The Mediterranean climate and surroundings result in a wine of extraordinarily expressive, sensual, and textural fruits and savory spices.
98 points Vinous
- A wine of breathtaking beauty, the 2016 Paleo Rosso possesses off the charts vertical intensity. Sweet floral and spiced notes soar out of the glass in a stunning wine endowed with fabulous depth in all of its dimensions. Cedar, mocha, rose petal, red plum and menthol are bright and beautifully sculpted. Paleo Rosso shows just how profound Cabernet Franc can be on the Tuscan Coast. This is a superb edition of the wine that, in my view, is the Macchiole flagship. The 2016 saw 30-35 days on the skins, followed by malolactic fermentation in cement and 18 months in French oak. (AG) (3/2020)
97 points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
- Here's another pure varietal expression, this time Cabernet Franc, and it is one for the ages. The 2015 edition of the Paleo was hot with nutty notes, whereas the 2016 Paleo is tighter and fresher. There is tension and precision here, rendering beautifully pastoral tones of green olive and herbs. You'll pick up notes of moist earth along with some spice. The freshness is truly epic, with well-integrated tannins. When you hit the licorice tones, you'll finally appreciate the depth and dimension of this wine. This is a true beauty, with enormous depth, concentration and power. (ML) (5/2019)
97 points Wine Enthusiast
- Made entirely with Cabernet Franc, this radiant red opens with intense aromas of black currant, Mediterranean scrub, blue flower and camphor aromas. On the supremely elegant palate, supple tannins and bright acidity accompany cassis, black raspberry, crushed herb and licorice before a cedar finish. It’s smooth, radiant and delicious, with great energy. *Cellar Selection* (KO) (5/2020)
95 points James Suckling
- Really beautiful black fruit with freshly roasted coffee-bean aromas that follow through to a full body with silky and lightly chewy tannins and a flavorful finish. Decadent. (7/2019)
93 points Wine Spectator
- Aromas and flavors of black currant, bell pepper, cedar and lead pencil shavings abound in this red. Expressive and elegant, with a supple texture matched to a firm backbone of tannins and acidity. Offers a lingering spicy aftertaste. (BS) (5/2020)
Juicefly 1 Hour Delivery. Juicefly offers wine delivery in Los Angeles 7 days a week. We are open Sunday to Thursday from 10 am-10 pm. We are open Friday and Saturday from 10 am-10 pm. You can order wine online and leave us the rest.