This blog post is all about grenadine, and how to make your own. Grenadine is a sweet syrup that's traditionally used in cocktails like the Tequila Sunrise and Shirley Temple. Making it at home can be done with just three ingredients: pomegranate juice, sugar and water. The result will be a delicious drink that you'll want to sip on any day of the week!
2 cups pomegranate juice
2 cups granulated sugar
1 to 2 dashes orange flower water
- In a saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice and sugar.
- Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then pour it into a small decanter or bottle with a tight-sealing lid.
- Add a dash or two of orange flower water (don't overdo it).
- Seal the bottle and give it a few good shakes.